Learn how to hand quilt making Japanese Folded Patchwork. This is an exciting hand stitching process that makes quilts or projects using a folded technique.
Ideal introduction to the fundamentals of hand quilting and Japanese Folded Patchwork. Once you have learned the technique, you can apply it to your own designs.
The tutorial includes:
- Colour and fabrics for Japanese Folded Patchwork
- Uses of Japanese Folded Patchwork
- Creating templates, or using bought templates
- Step-by-step, illustrated instructions for making a unit and joining units
- 30 minutes additional online tuition when needed
Karen Platt is an experienced and fully qualified teacher and a hands on textile artist and quilter. She creates affordable courses, where people learn a skill. She has been developing new ideas with Japanese Folded Patchwork in preparation for a book. She designs and writes quilting patterns and also dyes her own fabrics. She is inspired by art, architecture, textiles, travel and gardening. She is well-known for her use of colour and texture. She leads courses in art, textiles, quilting and knitting. She is also well-known for her gardening books on colour.
Payment must be received in advance. No refunds once payment is taken.