Now’s the time to register your interest in the Block of the Week, Indian Summer, introduced on Monday in the blog which has details of the schedule for release. I call it BOW for Block of the Week. Both the design, arrangement and fabric are unique.
This Block of the Week programme allows you to create a block each week to create the quilt. You work at your own pace and I have tweaked it a bit from other programmes.
- I prefer you to have everything delivered in one go, as fabrics will be specially hand dyed for you.
- This saves money on postage for you and also allows you to work at your own pace to finish the quilt. So if you have lots of spare time, or are a quiltaholic you could do a block a day. Alternatively, you can, of course, take longer.
What is included?
It’s a great way to quilt – it includes
- Fabrics to make the quilt top. Size 60 x 72″ with alternatives.
- Sashing and binding if appropriate to the quilt and selected as an optional extra
- Backing if you select it as an optional extra
- The instructions as a pdf, emailed to you (recommended method for clear pics and instructions that you can zoom into to make the text any size)
- Alternatives to make the quilt top unique to you. Many of the pieces are interchangeable.
- At the moment I am working on just one colourway.
- My unique tips as a quilt teacher
- Step by step photographic and written instructions with all the techniques you need.
- Me on hand online to help along the way
- Facebook secret group
How Long Will It Take To Make?
Your friends in the group will spur you on, as will I. The size above, created one block a week will be 12 weeks plus any sashing, borders, binding, backing, to be decided.
The blocks are aimed at all skill levels, starting with the easy ones and building confidence to something a little more challenging. Some can be cut and stitched in one hour (so if you have the time you can make more than one a day). Others have taken me two hours.
How much does it cost?
PRICE: Approximately, to be finalised shortly. I am looking at around 140 to 160 gbp plus shipping. As it is one shipping cost, it should only add 10 pounds. I have seen BOMs at up to 300 gbp with shipping over the year of 60 gbp. It might be extra if there are borders and sashing. Remember you are not asked to commit today, just to register your interest. We do NOT charge a registration fee, and again I have seen costs of up to 20 gbp for that alone.
YOU CAN ADD:
A. Extra fabric
B. Printed instructions (photographic quality might not be good an I recommend the pdf)
C. Request different sizes such as wall quilt, single bed size, king bed size, cushion
D. Options of online lessons
Register Your Interest
Register your interest now by sending an email through the contact page WITH THE SUBJECT August BOW. Watch out for updates on here or on facebook. If you register interest, you will receive an email headed Karen Platt August BOW to pay for your fabrics and BOW quilt kit and pattern. You are under no obligation to purchase. Once you have paid and fabrics have been dyed for you, you have waived your right to a refund because the fabrics will have been specially dyed for you. You can also ask any questions about the BOM. You can also register on the form of the home page of the website.
Words, work and images copyright Karen Platt 2020